For a true beer enthusiast, nothing compares to the crisp, cold, delicious taste of draft beer. The love of draft beer can be dated back to the times of medieval European monks, who sparked the evolving need to dispense fresh beer. Throughout the history of draft beer, systems needed to be developed that maintained carbonation and allowed for the beer to be served cold and poured without too much foam.
One of our favorite draft beer systems invented as of yet? The draft beer kegerator, of course. This home draft system uses a modified fridge, kegs and pressure system to dispense the freshest tasting beer. It is a magnificent machine that has been a topic of discussion for the last century, at least.
Why is having your very own draft beer kegerator at home such a brilliant idea?
- Your favorite draft beer can be enjoyed in the comfort and convenience of your own home
- Beer will be kept at a cool, consistent temperature of 38 degrees, which means that:
- Your beer will have less issues with foam due to fluctuating temperatures, which means that:
- You will waste less beer with more non-foamy pours
- Beer lasts longer in a kegerator
- There is no more hassle of opening beer bottles
- Home brewers can avoid the tedious process of cleaning and preparing bottles to fill
- Kegerators are available in a variety of options, models and finishes
- The quality of kegerators can be maintained and enhanced with drip trays, faucets and child locks
- Your bar will now be the official hang-out spot
Draft beer kegerators are meant to match your lifestyle and, in essence, make your life more enjoyable. It is the ultimate way to have an authentic draft beer experience at home.
If you are or want to be among the fortunate souls to have their own kegerator at home, please remember that your machine needs some TLC. All components should be cleaned regularly to protect your investment and ensure smooth, fresh beer on a consistent basis. Otherwise, you’re allowing sediment and residue to buildup and taint the flavor.